Addiction is a complex condition impacting the brain and body. The longer a person uses drugs or alcohol, the more damage can occur. That’s why most people need extensive and comprehensive treatment delivered in many formats. Most people benefit from a group therapy program. That’s because group therapy for addiction creates many opportunities for learning and strategy-building, making it possible to overcome even the most significant challenges. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, it’s one of the services we offer because of how well it can work.
What Is Group Therapy for Addiction – Why Does It Really Matter?
Many people push off the thought of sitting with a group of people to share feelings. That’s not really what group therapy is. Rather, this type of therapy works right alongside individual therapy to help a person to learn and grow with the support of others. Here are some of the key benefits it brings to addiction treatment:
- Group therapy tends to involve small groups of people going through the same thing. As such, you’re surrounded by people who get it and feel the same way you do.
- Talking about and working through problems everyone shares can help to motivate and support your healing process.
- This method of learning is often beneficial because it creates opportunities for engagement if you want to. You can also sit back and listen until you’re ready. There’s no aggressive requirement for participation in every session.
- People support you. It’s not just a pat on the back by someone who is busy living their life outside of rehab. Rather, you’ll have true support for the struggle from people who truly know what you’re facing.
- Often, learning from others makes it more realistic and effective. When a person has the same problem you do and offers solutions, that’s going to directly impact your life.
Group therapy is an upbeat and positive experience. Many times, the relationships formed in these group therapy sessions can carry on for years to come. You’ll feel respect and encouragement. At the same time, you’ll also find yourself fully engaged in the healing process during every session. There is a lot to learn.
Our Addiction Therapy Includes More Than Group Therapy
Your experience matters. People will learn and grow from what you provide to them. This is a way to feel good about yourself and your future. Many people find that this type of supportive structure is what they need to move beyond their life focused on drugs and alcohol and into one that they are proud of having.
At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, our addiction treatment programs includes a range of therapies. Each one teaches and explores new aspects of addiction recovery. You may find that our team encourages you through both individual and group therapy because treatment through both methods is critical for long-term recovery.
Take a few minutes to examine other programs and therapies we offer. Our master clinicians and medical professionals can help you start on the path to healing. You just need to get started by investing in yourself and your future. Some of our programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Trauma therapy program
Invest in Your Health and Future at Georgia Addiction Treatment Center
Making a decision to get help for addiction means being fully engaged in treatment. That includes group therapy for addiction. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, we ensure every type of therapy you receive is always right for your needs. Turn to our trusted, experienced clinicians to learn how we can help you. Call us now at 855.952.3546 or reach out to us online for immediate help.