It may seem impossible to have a sober St. Patrick’s Day if you’ve spent most of your life celebrating this holiday with a green beer in hand. Yet, if you have put in the work to get healthy and sober, you do not want to waste that for one day. The good news is that it is possible to have a happy, healthy day without having to turn to alcohol to make it happen. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, we offer treatment programs that will help you build the healthy coping skills you need to maintain sobriety long-term.
Why Celebrate a Sober St. Patrick’s Day?
Achieving sobriety takes a lot of work, patience, and education. Many times, it takes weeks or months of time away from family and friends to focus on your health. For those who are in recovery, avoiding relapse should be a priority. To do that, create a sober St. Patrick’s Day celebration that offers everything you want from this holiday.
Ideas for a Sober St. Patrick’s Day
Instead of capturing the same experience on this day, look for new ways to have fun and make it memorable. It may be possible to create new traditions that are more enjoyable than others. Here are some ideas to help get you started.
- Plan a day with the family. If it is nice outside, St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect day to have some springtime fun. It may be possible to go for a hike or spend some time at the park.
- Head to the parade. If your city offers one, a parade is an excellent way to have traditional fun with a twist. Avoid the areas where there are bars and instead spend some time revealing in the music and dancing for the day.
- Host your own event. Plan a small gathering of people who can help you to celebrate this day in a big way. You may want to prepare some Irish foods to celebrate the day.
- Head out for dinner out. There are many restaurants that offer Irish cuisine at this time of the year. That is a good way to enjoy a hearty meal.
- Play some Irish music and watch a few older Irish movies. You may even find some fun in digging out a few kid’s favorites or turning to the moves from the 1930s in black and white.
There are simple and more elaborate things you can do on this day. The key is to just find something to do that you will enjoy and that will help you spend time with loved ones.
Do You Need Help for Alcohol Abuse?
There may be times when you just need more help. You may be thinking about this holiday and about your past experiences with alcohol. For some people, relapse is just around the corner if they do not seek out professional help. Our addiction team can offer help today.
If you are thinking about using alcohol again after you’ve been sober, call us. Turn to our team immediately for help. If you are unsure if you can get through the holiday without drinking, that means now is the right day to get help. There are a range of programs available that can help you and ensure your best long-term outcome. Learn more about our treatment options, including programs such as:
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Community housing support
Put Your Trust in Georgia Addiction Treatment Center
This year, create a sober St. Patrick’s Day that brings you joy but keeps you healthy. If you are struggling with substance abuse now, turn to Georgia Addiction Treatment Center. We can offer comprehensive care to help you have a fresh start. To learn more, connect with us online or call 855.952.3546 today