Summertime is often about having fun, spending time with friends, and relaxing. The days are longer, and the weather is more encouraging for activities like barbeques. Yet, it’s also a time when the risk of relapse is higher for those with addiction. If you have gone through addiction rehab programs and you’re working on living a sober lifestyle, it’s always critical to have a plan in place to help you. Sober activities can be a lot of fun. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, we work with people who are at every level of recovery. We also offer an alumni program that helps individuals live a sober life after treatment.
Sober Activities Don’t Have to Be Limited
A wide range of activities can be enjoyed by those struggling with addiction. Most often, there’s no limit to the types of experiences a person can have. Just alter them enough to ensure there’s no risk of engaging in drug or alcohol use. These ideas are a good starting point.
- Get fit outdoors. This is the perfect way to reduce stress, improve physical health, and stay busy. This could include enjoying yoga at the park program, for example. Look for fitness programs available locally that encourage outdoor experiences.
- Host a barbeque at home without the use of alcohol or drugs. Most people recognize the importance of avoiding access to these substances and will not complain as long as it is addressed in advance.
- Explore the world. Visit local national parks. Spend time out on the local lake. Bike across the state. Find ways to explore the region with a good friend or a group of friends. Focus on healthy living.
- Set up an outdoor space ideal for relaxing. Perhaps it includes a pool, a small canopy with comfortable seating, or a simple bench under a favorite tree. It may be the right space to spend some time reading or catching up with a good friend.
- Engage in art. Choose a form of art that’s enjoyable and a bit challenging. Learn through local programs or classes. Invest a few hours each week in learning and growing skills in this area.
Whether going on a trip or staying close to home, sober activities keep a person grounded and focused on living their best life. The key is to see the world for all it has to offer without feeling limited to using substances to find pleasure.
Sober Living Starts with a Game Plan
If you are not at the point of being sober yet, or you need some help staying on the right path, turn to our team at Georgia Addiction Treatment Center. Let us provide the resources you need to achieve the best quality of life possible for you. Some of our programs may help you:
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Outpatient treatment program
- Alumni program and support
Do You Need Help? Call Georgia Addiction Treatment Center Today
For those who are thinking about sobriety as something that may happen later, consider starting today. With the right help from a team of professionals, it becomes possible to break addiction and dependence. In treatment for addiction, a person learns how to build a new life without the stress and pain of addiction. That includes creating a life that is full of fun, enjoyable experiences.
If you are struggling with sobriety or feeling unease about your negative thoughts, don’t wait to call for help. Sober activities like these can keep you motivated and happy, but there are times when you may need more support. Georgia Addiction Treatment Center can offer help. Call our team at 855.952.3546 or connect with us online to learn more about the services we can offer to you.